Thursday, February 26, 2009

Luke 14-16
I had thought that the wayward son who ended up feeding pigs had actually been eating their food. As I reread it I realized he still had his morals and didn't steal from his boss. I was amazed at how even one who messes up in one area of life, can still remember to hold true to other things they were taught in younger years.

I loved the reminder to tend to and invite folks who normally you wouldn't think of when you have others over---that's harder to do than to just ask the same group we run with. We overlook so often those who need us the most.

I also thought the reminder to give up ourselves and carry our cross to be a disciple was wonderful. When I think of this, I often don't think of the misery and struggles we will have to endure (our cross) to grow and to be of use in His mission for our lives.

To succeed in obtaining wealth and money seems to be the top step of the ladder of success in our world. Yet, what is valued by man, is detestable in God's sight. Simple is better----more time with and for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment