Thursday, February 12, 2009

Luke 9-11
I loved in Luke 9:17 where all were satisfied and still 12 baskets were left over from the 5 loaves and 2 fish miracle. I too like to make extra whenever I cook for a group and have leftovers. That is not wasteful--it is resourceful for the next meal for us!

I also liked Luke 9:25 about it not doing me any good to gain the world and forfeit myself. I must continually "Let go and Let God" or myself gets in to way with control----How am I going to do something---When I surrender---I win---burdens are lifted and the world doesn't matter to me for that time period. Then myself is freed by losing control to Him.

In Luke 9:45 much "was hidden from them, so that they did not grasp it...". It's strange to me that the more I study, things that were hidden to me for years and years, start to open up to me in a whole different light than before. By the time I get it, I'll be too old for the young ones to care prehaps, but prayfully a few will listen to an old woman's wisdom that grew bit by bit as the grasping is allowed. I have always enjoyed visiting with older folks in their last years of life---what stories--wisdom if I learn from them.

In Luke 10:18 Jesus "saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven". Imagine that!!

In Luke 10:27 Jesus discounts the JOY theme that the old church used with: Jesus first, others second and yourself last. I taught that and lived it also, but that was wrong. If I don't love others as myself, there is never time to rest me or spend in quiet time with the Lord because the "works" get in the way for doing for others too much. Prayer is a gift far greater than me trying to work, work to help others ALL the time. I must pull back regularly to spend my time to be strengthened by and for Him. I must find my gifts and love them for the individual God made me to be.

Jesus mentions how our Father will give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him even more than an earthly father would give good things to his children. (Luke 11:13) I want filled with His spirit--filled!!

Finally, I mention Luke 11:45-46 where the teachers lay so many burdens on the people to follow the law that the people can hardly carry them. I was raised with the Hell, fire, damnation part of the law and "works" without love and grace---just fear and tembling---until finally His spirit revealed that was not right either. It took counseling to overcome the "laws of the church" to obey the "will of my Father". Praise the Lord--He freed me from man's bondage!!

Love you, Lorie

No comments:

Post a Comment