Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Good morning! Again I was side tracked from my study of Luke. I'm learning that getting sidetracked is not a bad thing! It's like being on a road trip going from TN to OK and instead of going the maximum speed from pt A to pt B, you see a flea market or a shopping mall and decide to stop a bit to refresh in another spot before continuing on the original journey.
The older I get, the more I like these side steps. They make the journey better for me. So I have been listening the last two days and plan also to do the same tomorrow to hear Tommy Nelson of Denton Bible College speak on Forcus on the Family speaking about male depression. Awesome! Awesome! If you know anyone going through depression-male or female-listen on the computer and you will be enlightened and encouraged. I also listened to Chuck Swindoll's "Insight for Living" series last week each day by computer about growing through struggling. Very powerful series. Then we were in Jonesboro on Sunday and loved the study on Growing and giving. That was the first lesson I ever remember on giving of our money that wasn't a "guilt" lesson but an explanation of God's intent and why! Tomorrow Terry and I go to Gulf Shores through Sunday for a much needed break from Williams' life the past couple of years without a vacation together. I will be taking again another side stop before continuing the 21 days to know Jesus-----as I take a few days to simply be in His presence and His restful arms.
Last night I read Luke 12-13. Here's what I was drawn to:

Luke 12:14 My life does not consist of the abundance of my possessions. When it has I get greedy and lose focus from Him who lets me borrow from Him for His use through me.

Luke 12:22-34 I used to worry over EVERYTHING! It has aged me quicker and I feel the results. Even MRI images show it! Where was my faith! Well, I didn't have much and at one time any really. The past 11 years have been a growing stage for me in my own faith. Now I have decided to feed on His word to go to the next level of faith with Him. My "treasure" and heart have in past times not been directed to God for Him and His glory. Each day I now pray for Him to guide and use me--mold me and make me what He needs. Sometimes "Lorie" surfaces again and I ask Him to push her down and out of His way.

No comments:

Post a Comment