Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Luke 17-24
My! I finished Luke last week and started into John, but with my back problems, it was hard to sit for very long at the computer, so I waited until today when I could sit awhile longer I hope.
The main thing that talked to me in these last verses was in the 24th chapter when Jesus was with the two men from Emmaus. "Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him." Later in chapter 24, "Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures".
Jesus reassures the disciples with "Peace be with you". That is what I desire most: For my mind and eyes to be opened to recognize Him in my daily walk of life, to understand the scriptures and to be in Peace with my Lord. Then He is enough---He just is---without all the thinking of material stuff to be happy. That thinking is stinking thinking! He and His Peace is all I need in this life and the next! Now onto the study of John! In John 1, I wonder why John said he didn't know Jesus until it was revealed or told him. Even though John lived in the desert until he came to pave the way for Jesus, still as a child, wouldn't his mother Elizabeth and Jesus' mother Mary have let the kids visit? Mary had visited with Elizabeth and John (by the Holy Spirit) lept in her womb when Mary greeted Elizabeth. Oh, well! One of those things that I won't understand in my life time I imagine---and that is fine--------a childlike faith and a childlike obedience is what I desire. In John 3, I always hear folks mention believing as the most important thing in salvation. Yet, I read the whole chapter and view the part of baptism right along with the believing. Any explanations on this chapter? I would prefer to take the step of baptism at the time of accepting Jesus so all areas are complete in obeying and putting off the old me and clothing myself in His spirit to be His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment